The recipe page for my Malteser Teasers is the most visited page on my blog. In celebration of this fact, I thought I’d add a festive flavour twist and re-blog this delicious recipe. Take them in boxes to friend’s houses at Christmas or give them as Christmas gifts. I give you… the Malteser Teaser with Christmas twist of orange.
Ingredients – 100g butter|100g Divine/Green and Black milk chocolate orange| 3tblspn golden syrup|225g finely crushed digestive biscuits|225g maltesers, white chocolate for drizzling.
- Melt together the butter, chocolate and syrup
- Crush the biscuits with a hand blender, food mixer or bash them to bits with a rolling pin inside some plastic bags, or a sturdy back for life.
- Add the crushed biscuits and the Maltesers to the melted ingredients.
- Mix together quickly then pour into a lined, square tin, squish down until flat and chill until set.
- Drizzle with some melted white chocolate (you could go go crazy here and use white chocolate orange – I use a wooden spoon and quickly flick the melted chocolate back and forth (see pic for example) – chop into bite size pieces.
If you don’t know the best way to melt chocolate, this is how it’s done (in my opinion) – get a saucepan, half fill with water, boil, and then place a dish on top of the pan, to make a bains-Marie. Break up the chocolate as small as you can and then melt, stirring constantly (watch it as it can burn and dry out).