These little bites of loveliness are so easy to make and everyone always loves them. They are the only thing (most) of my family think I’m good for, seeing as I am the only vegetarian among many Kinchins; the rest all rampant carnivores. I take them to most family gatherings and bake (well, refrigerate) them for many birthdays. These treats are not healthy. There is not a healthy ingredient in them. They are addictive. They are filthy.
Ingredients – 100g butter|100g milk chocolate| 3tblspn golden syrup|225g finely crushed digestive biscuits|225g maltesers
- Melt together the butter, chocolate and syrup
- crush the biscuits with a hand blender, food mixer or bash them to bits with a rolling pin and some plastic bags.
- Add the crushed biscuits and the Maltesers to the melted ingredients.
- Mix together quickly then pour into a lined, square tin, squish down until flat and chill until set.
- Drizzle with some melted white chocolate – I use a wooden spoon and quickly flick the melted chocolate back and forth (see pic for example) – chop into bite size pieces.
If you don’t know the best way to melt chocolate, this is how it’s done (in my opinion) – get a saucepan, half fill with water, boil, and then place a dish on top of the pan, to make a bains-Marie. Break up the chocolate as small as you can and then melt, stirring constantly (watch it as it cab burn and dry out).